About From Page To Screen
BUILDING ON THE HERITAGE OF THE BRIDPORT PRIZE, BRIDPORT ARTS CENTRE CREATED FROM PAGE TO SCREEN TO INVESTIGATE THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN BOOKS AND FILMS.
FROM PAGE TO SCREEN’S OBJECTIVES ARE:
- Celebrate, recognise and encourage excellence in the film adaptation of books.
- Inspire people of all ages to read more, watch more films, write and make films.
- Create opportunities for learning about the transition from literary source material to film.
- Build the stature and scope of the film festival to bring recognition to Bridport and the South West as a cultural hub in film and literature.
- Facilitate an organised or impromptu environment where audiences, filmmakers, writers and adapters meet, exchange ideas and discuss the art of film adaptation.
- Encourage links between the film and book worlds, contributing to the development of a more competitive UK film industry.
- Develop the literary heritage of Bridport Prize, one of the most respected open creative writing competitions in the world.
- Expand the area of activity of the Bridport Arts Centre while staying true to its history and areas of specialisation.
Follow us on Instagram