If you are interested in becoming a member of the Bridport Art Centre charity, please consider all the information below and then complete the online application.
Once you have applied online, you will receive a notification email confirming your membership.
Rights and Responsibilities
There are no firm responsibilities placed on Bridport Art Centre charity members, but we ask that you support the objectives of the arts centre and positively represent Bridport Art Centre whenever possible.
The objectives of Bridport Arts Centre are to:
- Support the arts, its education, development, and appreciation among the people of Bridport and further afield, without discrimination.
- Promote other charitable objectives.
- To promote such other charitable purposes as may from time to time be determined.
Member of the Bridport Arts Centre charity is a role which holds liability for the charity should it close, however your liability is limited to £1. This is why we will ask for the £1 upfront, which we will return if/when your membership is ended. You will never be asked to pay anything else for your membership.
Members of the Bridport Art Centre charity have the right to vote to elect trustees at our Annual General Meeting and will be specifically notified of the AGM and any other Special Meetings.
The exact wording of the objectives (purposes) of the arts centre can be found in our Memorandum of Association. You can find more information about the governance of Bridport Arts Centre in our Articles of Association.
These documents can be found here:
Memorandum of Association
Articles of Association
Other Affiliations at BAC
We have 5 different ways to be affiliated with Bridport Arts Centre, you can hold multiple affiliations at once. The 5 affiliations are:
- Trustee – Makes strategic decisions and holds ultimate responsibility for the arts centre.
- Member – Supports the objectives of the arts centre and is entitled to be specifically notified about an upcoming AGM and can vote to elect trustees
- Supporter – Makes regularly scheduled payments to the arts centre and in return receives various benefits e.g. reduced priced tickets
- Donor – Makes a single donation or multiple donations (which are not regularly scheduled) to the arts centre, including people who leave legacies in their will
- Patron – Invited and appointed to act as ambassadors to the arts centre, holds some authority in their artistic field
APPLY TO BE A MEMBER
By signing up as a member of the Bridport Art Centre charity, you will be agreeing to the following:
- To provide £1 for your limited liability.
- You are willing to support the objectives of the arts centre and where possible to positively represent Bridport Art Centre.
- You agree to receive members’ newsletters and other members’ communications from the arts centre by email or post.